By the end of the training participants will be able to:
- Describe basic principles for effective communication
- Define informatics effectively to technical and non-technical audiences
- Describe how informatics can assist in addressing public health problems
- Utilize talking points or an elevator speech to communicate value of informatics
- Apply communications principles for engaging stakeholders involved in informatics projects
Frameworks Institute (2017). Reframing Public Health Informatics: A FrameWorks Communications Toolkit. Washington, DC.